How do you keep taxes in check and improve services? Thom knows the formula for success. When he was Supervisor, Orangetown had:
- Lowest property tax growth of any town in Rockland
- Award-winning financial reporting recognized by the New York State Comptroller’s office
- Multiple bond rating increases thanks to his sound fiscal management
- Merit-based hiring with non-partisan screening panels instead of partisan patronage hiring
When Thom is Supervisor again, he will keep our taxes low and our community affordable by:
- Producing annual budgets that remain under the New York State tax cap
- Utilizing new technology to create efficiencies at Town Hall
- Expanding shared service agreements between the Town and Orangetown’s school districts
- Joining with other elected officials in Rockland to speak out against unfunded mandates and urge our state representatives to support a legislative agenda in Albany focused on tax relief and more efficient government.
- Encouraging responsible economic development to increase tax revenue
- Demanding improvements in New Jersey Transit rail service and a toll freeze on Tappan Zee Bridge tolls, and insisting on relief from congestion pricing for Rockland commuters
We have an obligation to make Orangetown as affordable as possible so families can continue to live and prosper here, seniors can afford to retire here, and the next generation of young adults can afford to call Orangetown home.
– Thom Kleiner